One of my favorite ways to use essential oils and reap some delicious benefits, is by making teas with it. The main complaint I hear against this method is that when the tea is prepared there is a thin layer of oils chillin at the top of your cup. There is a reason! There is an order you want to go in that helps emulsify the oils into your cup of hot water. Emulsify means to finely disperse. So, here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Teaspoon (or however sweet you like it) of one of the following: Simple Syrup, Honey, Maple Syrup, Agave or your favorite liquid sweetener of your choice.
- Enough Hot water to put in a mug.
- 1-3 drops of your favorite high quality hot beverage essential oil. (I’ve placed some suggestions below)
- A glass or non- porous material mug (NO PLASTIC… your oils will be absorbed by the cup)
Here’s how you do it:
- In your mug, place the sweetener of your choice and essential oil.
- Stir it until the essential oils are thoroughly incorporated into your honey.
- Fill your mug the rest of the way with the hot water and mix until the sweetener dissolves!
Suggested Oils To Use:
- Lemon: Lemon and tea = Life
- Peppermint: Wonderful for digestive comfort.
- Ginger: May assist in curbing temporary bouts of nausea
- Thieves: This is a Young Living blend and it’s basically tea magic for throats. I feel like a new woman after a cup!
There you have it! Now go and enjoy your oil film free drink!